Thursday, February 6, 2014

Let's Eat!

Okay, so some people may know that I have always really enjoyed baking. Growing up, I used to bake things all the time! Yes, they may have been boxed cakes, brownies or chocolate chip cookies most of the time...but I occasionally went out on a limb and made unique goodies from scratch. So, I was a always a baker, but not so much of a cook. I had this fear that once I got married, I would have all this pressure to make amazing meals and that I would fail horribly at it. Let me assure you, that did not happen! First, there was no pressure. Adam's so laid back, he would have been completely happy with a PB & J sandwich every night. Second, Adam enjoys cooking too, so it's always a team effort and never put off on one person. I have been having so much fun with cooking though and we've loved trying different foods that are out of our comfort zone. I've loved looking on Pintrest, cooking websites and to friends for healthy and great tasting food inspiration. We keep a Google Doc titled 'A & C Recipes' that we've been putting down all the recipes of our favorite dishes we've made together! Someday I hope it turns into our own 'Erickson Family Cookbook', but until that time comes- it's just place for us to jot down yummy recipes. We got a crock pot for a wedding gift and I was so intimidated to try it until months and months after the wedding. I finally gave it a shot and let me tell you, it's wonderful! I'm sure anyone reading this who is even somewhat familiar around their kitchens are rolling their eyes saying 'that's the most basic and simple thing ever', but coming from a girl who used to think making Pasta Roni counted as a complicated Italian meal... I'm still amazed!

Here are just a few of our favorite meals/foods that we've enjoyed making.
  • Chicken Parmesan
  • Chicken Lettuce Wraps
  • Red Wine & Garlic Marinated Pork Loin
  • Sweet Potatoes (I am obsessed with these, we make them at least twice a week for dinner)
  • Baked Zucchini Fries
  • Black Bean Tortellini Soup (one of Adam's favorites)
  • Coconut Shrimp
  • Turkey Tacos
  • Applesauce Banana Bread Loaf (healthy twist on regular banana bread)
  • Spaghetti Squash with Parmesan Cheese



Adam cutting our spaghetti squash with a power tool. I almost lost a hand trying to cut this thing with a knife!


Coconut Shrimp! We loved these, despite them being slightly overcooked by myself...



 Our romantic dinner of pork loin, mashed potatoes, veggies and parmesan pull apart bread (Super Target, delicious!).



No comments:

Post a Comment